SAM FROST’S MOTIVES FOR GETTING SUCKED BACK INTO THE “INCONSISTENT ORTHODOX” PARTIAL PRETERIST VIEW OF DR. TALBOT – “GREED” AND MAN “PLEASING”
DO THE “UNORTHODOX” VIEWS OF PARTIAL PRETERISTS ON KEY ESCHATOLOGICAL TEXTS
“LEAD TO FULL PRETERISM?” THEIR SILENCE TELLS THE STORY…
The Talbot Frost Show
Sam Frost – The Partial Preterist “Dancing Bear” for Dr. Talbot and Ken Gentry
I have been publicly criticized by Sam for allegedly “reading his heart and motives” as to why he left FP for PP. But let me finish this debate very quickly and just quote Sam himself: “I owe you an apology, Dave. I just wrote, http://thereignofchrist.com/2009/09/ban-on-preterist-blog/ (which of course he and Jason deleted) I owe Mike one, too. And Ed. I got greedy. These constant attacks from Nut job Dee Dee Warren, Roderick supposedly stepping down, Dr. Talbot…all of it….I went after something that was not there, and my hand got hacked off. I have such a strong bend in me to get along with others….I believe in peace. I hate arguing. I was wrong about those guys….they are not Christians, as far as I am concerned. They may be, who knows, but it is not the Christianity I care for. I am a Full Preterist. I see your point. There is no prophecy not fulfilled. I stress effects, but realize salvation as the fulfillment. Sorry guys……the pressure here is great….every day, sam frost, sam frost, sam frost………..I want to move ahead. I am a Full Preterist. Period. It’s what the Bible teaches.”
According to this confession (along with the other similar one), these are the clear statements:
1) Sam realized he was getting “sucked back” into a faulty PP futuristic hermeneutic.
2) Sam here confesses that the cause of this was his “greed.”
3) But what he was going after (because of “greed”) in reality “was not there.”
4) Sam chose to not move ahead but backslide into false teaching – seeking to refute something he knows the Bible teaches.
5) Sam had also stated publicly that PP and FP were basically the same doctrine because he has a “strong bend in him to get along with others.”
a) So Sam readily admitted that this was wrong to say because he has a strong desire to please men/women or fear men/women more than God.
b) Sam has decided to now align himself with those “nut jobs” such as Dee Dee Warren.
In our book Sam chides 90% PP such as Ken Gentry as not embracing the remaining 10% because “one could lose their job.” In other words for some such as Gentry where ignorance can no longer be seen as a valid excuse, the love of money and pride of being recognized as a “scholar” are legitimate issues that very well can and often do play a role in the PP rejecting FP. So therefore, according to Sam, they equally play a role in a FP falling back into the 90% view…. Sam since announcing he was no longer a FP has sought to be “ordained” by Talbot’s self-made denomination and seminary.
6) Sam has told me that he wants to teach in a reformed seminary type setting, but realized he would have to compromise his FP principles and exegesis in order to align himself with the “orthodox” creeds to ultimately pull that off. This is what Sam has done.
7) Sam told Danny Green that he looked forward to the day that the church would build a statue of him in honor of being a great theologian and that this was indeed one of his goals in life. And no Sam was not joking.